Sunday 27 October 2013

dst

this morning I woke up and checked the time from my phone.
10.30am.
and when I walked to my desk and read the time on my watch,
11.30am.
where did my one hour go??!!
and that was when I finally realized daylight saving starts today.
Brief synopsis:
"The idea of "Daylight Saving Times" (DST) was proposed by George Vernon Hudson in 1985. DST was first implemented in Germany and Austria-Hungary on 30 April 1916. A lot of countries uses DST at various times since then. The whole concept of DST is to let people enjoy more sun and enable people to fully utilize daylights in the winters and autumns when sunlight is more scarce. 
Adding daylight to evenings benefits retailing, sports and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours."


and that was when I realized we're now eight hours apart
why make skyping so hard wor :(
at the same time this is kinda exciting hehe!


I'm reminding myself to say "pardon" instead of "what" so constantly i'm going to have a stomachache.

No comments:

Post a Comment